Home Insurance

Insurance for your home and lifestyle

Build and purchase your home insurance policy with OnSurance. Offering coverages to protect your house, garage, out buildings, belongings, and even your snowmobile, you can relax knowing everything is taken care of.

Home Insurance

What does home insurance cover?

A home insurance policy protects so much more than your house. It provides liability protection in the event someone is injured on your property, or you cause damage to another person or their property. Home insurance also gives you coverage from perils like theft, fire, falling objects, and water from your plumbing, water heater, appliances, and cooling and heating systems. These coverages can help protect you from losses to your:
house, cabin, or rental property
yard, garage, shed, and other outbuildings
belongings including furniture, clothing, electronics, appliances and more

Coverage add-ons:

Home Services Service Line Water Protection Watercraft & Off-Road Vehicles Rental & Seasonal Homes
rayner agencies_tv fridge powertool
Can cover your heating, cooling, electrical, water, and security systems from pressurized, electrical, or mechanical breakdown. Your appliances, power tools and electronics are also covered with this add-on.
rayner agencies_underground lines
Can cover the cost to excavate and repair the service lines running from the street to your home (water, gas, electricity, internet) connected to your house.
Also covers damage caused to your outdoor property, and costs of additional living and expedited expenses due to the failure or repair of a service line.
rayner agencies_flood basement
Can cover you for losses caused by:
Flood: The rising of, breaking out or overflow of any body of water or water course
Surface water: Water at or above ground level that enters your house at or above ground level.
Ground water: Water below ground level or enters the home below ground level. Coverage is only offered when the loss occurs at the same time as a flood or surface event, and the loss is sudden and accidental.
Sewer Back Up: Water or sewage accidentally escaping, overflowing, or discharging from the sewer, sump pit, or septic tank. Sewer backup is also available as a stand-alone add-on.
rayner agencies_boat quad
Coverage for your boat, snowmobile, quad, side by side, and dirt bike can be added to your policy.
Disclaimer: This coverage cannot be added to your policy online. Give us a call or use the chat box, so one of our brokers can assist you.
Onsurance_seasonal home insurance
Coverage for your cabin, seasonal, and rental properties can be added to your condo insurance policy.
Disclaimer: This coverage cannot be added to your policy online. Give us a call or use the chat box, so one of our brokers can assist you.

You may qualify for a discount:

if you have a good insurance score and credit history;
depending on your age;
if you have been claims free for at least 3 years;
if you have a monitored security system.

Our Insurance Partners

A portion of all policies sold are donated to Make-A-Wish Saskatchewan.

Make-A-Wish® Canada has granted the wishes of over 35,000 children with critical illnesses in Canada since 1983.

“Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.”


Your home is unique, and so are your insurance needs. Get a free quote through our website anytime or give us a call during office hours.

Your home policy will automatically cover your child while a full-time student in or out of province up to $25,000.

You cannot compare your home policy to someone else’s. There are many factors that come into play when calculating premiums. Varying coverage types, amounts, and deductibles, along with discounts for age, home security systems, being mortgage free, having a new home, and credit checks all factor into the cost of a home insurance policy.
If you choose to rent out your home or part of it, you will need to talk to your broker. They will be able to adjust your policy to maintain coverage for your home if you have tenants.
Yes, SGI has changed the wording to Water Protection which includes Sewer Backup coverage.

It means you are responsible for the policy’s deductible in the event of a claim. If you get a payout, you will be issued payment minus your deductible.

No. Vehicles that can be plated for highway use need their own auto insurance policy. Coverage for your boat, ATV, dirt bike, trailer, etc. can be added to your home insurance policy.

Head office address:

100 – 810 Central Avenue, Saskatoon SK S7N 2G6 Canada

Call for help:

8:30am – 5:30pm CST
Monday to Friday

Mail for information:


    File a Claim

    An OnSurance representative will contact you within 30 minutes during business hours.