Tenant Insurance

Peace of mind for renters

When you rent a house or apartment, specific insurance coverage is available to help protect you from liability, and to help cover losses to your belongings.

Tenant Insurance

Coverage for your belongings

When you are renting, your landlord is responsible for carrying a home insurance policy that covers the home and property owned by your landlord. You will need your own separate policy as a renter to cover your belongings. Tenant and renters insurance can cover your belongings from losses due to:
theft, vandalism, and riot
fire and smoke
windstorm, hail, lightning
electrical power surges
falling objects from outside the buildings structure
water from plumbing, water heater, appliances, and HVAC systems
Comprehensive coverage for your belongings is also available which offers coverage against almost all possible insurance risks.

Liability and financial protection

Having a renters insurance policy can also help cover costs in the event that you or one of your guests are liable for damages or losses to your home, if someone is accidentally injured on the premises, or if you accidentally cause damages to another individual or their property. Renters insurance also will help protect you from costs if you cannot live in your home due to a covered loss, your identity is stolen, or if you need legal advice.

Coverage add-ons:

Home Systems Sewer Backup Watercraft & Off-Road Vehicles
rayner agencies_tv fridge powertool
Can cover your heating, cooling, electrical, water, and security systems from pressurized, electrical, or mechanical breakdown. Your appliances, power tools and electronics are also covered with this add-on.
Disclaimer: This coverage cannot be added to your policy online. Give us a call or use the chat box, so one of our brokers can assist you.
rayner agencies_flood basement
Cover against water or sewage accidentally escaping, overflowing, or discharging from the sewer, sump pit, or septic tank.
rayner agencies_boat quad
Coverage for your boat, snowmobile, quad, side by side, and dirt bike can be added to your policy.
Disclaimer: This coverage cannot be added to your policy online. Give us a call or use the chat box, so one of our brokers can assist you.

You may qualify for a discount:

if you have a good insurance score and credit history;
depending on your age;
if you have been claims free for at least 3 years;
if you have a monitored security system.

Our Insurance Partners

A portion of all policies sold are donated to Make-A-Wish Saskatchewan.

Make-A-Wish® Canada has granted the wishes of over 35,000 children with critical illnesses in Canada since 1983.

“Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.”


Tenant insurance does not only cover your belongings, it also provides you with liability coverage. Your landlord requires you to have liability coverage to protect their property in the event you, or someone you bring into your home, is liable for a loss or damages to the property, or an injury on the property. It is and inexpensive and easy way to get the insurance you need.
Not unless they are immediate family or a dependant. Your roommate will need to acquire their own tenant insurance policy.

Head office address:

100 – 810 Central Avenue, Saskatoon SK S7N 2G6 Canada

Call for help:

8:30am – 5:30pm CST
Monday to Friday

Mail for information:


    File a Claim

    An OnSurance representative will contact you within 30 minutes during business hours.